Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And the leaves that are green turn to brown....

And they wither with the wind, and they crumble in your hands...

That's the story with the tree outside my balcony...I saw dark green turn dull and then brown and then yellow till one day there was a strong breeze which swept the leaves away in hundreds. A few flew into my balcony too...It's amazing how little things like these remind you of the circle of life...

So anyway, I went back to last year when we came back to Bangalore...It was the same time, same dry season...I remember I used to be surprised...How hot has Bangalore become. This was the time when Preetam and I were preparing to leave for our respective assignments - he was leaving for Shoja and I was leaving for the forests in Coorg. Time really flies...

So this dry tree here didn't have much bird activity last year - or at least I failed to notice it. It is still not very popular except a pair of Jungle Crows and a few squirrels who are permanent residents. But in the last few months, the tree has seen some occasional visitors - Brahminy Kite, Shikra, White Cheeked Barbet, Asian Koel, a warbler and more recently - Purple Rumped Sunbirds, Pale Billed Flowerpeckers and quite surprisingly the other day - a bright blue White Breasted Kingfisher!

And the last of the leaves that turned brown continue to fall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home