Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Evening Cup of Tea

Theres something deep, something sublime about this evening cuppa. A sense of deep satisfaction and harmony as I sip the hot, sweet, milky, ginger tea from my lavender mug. I am in absolute harmony with the universe. Everything is beautiful. I cherish these ten odd minutes of tea every evening.

I was hardly a tea drinker...Got into this habit in Hyderabad. October 2004. Maa would head towards kitchen around four in the evening. I would take tea for her company. We would go to the terrace with Kajal at our heels. I would describe to her some new bird I saw. She would tell me whether she has seen it before. We would talk about many things and sometimes nothing. I would sit on the parapet wall watching birds heading home and darkness as it gradually descended on our little green garden. Mom would leave after a few minutes, other chores beckoning. I would linger on until after twilight, the time the bats came out. Then I would go down. Satisfied. Another beautiful day. I love life. I love my tea.

[This is, actually speaking my first blog. Written early 2005 but never posted]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me senti. I remembered the weekend i was with you at HYD and you showed me different kinds of birds. After that i also got in the habit of watching birds. Now when i stand on my terrace watching birds I remember you :)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home